VOLETS ROUGES BOOKING CONDITIONS
We would like to point out that all bookings are made subject to the following conditions. The party leader is asked to sign to confirm that he has read these conditions on the booking form. The party leader is responsible for all others in his group and for ensuring they will adhere to the conditions given below:
- At Les Volets Rouges, we can only confirm a bookings once a completed & signed booking form has reached us as well as your deposit of £150. We then send you confirmation of your booking. The deposit paid is used to secure your booking and is not refundable. In the event that all parties agree subsequently to make changes to a booking, particularly changes relating to holiday start or finish dates, we will insist that a new booking form be completed and submitted to us reflecting such changes.
- The outstanding balance, together with the damage deposit of £200 must reach us no later than 6 weeks prior to your holiday commencement date. While we will of course do everything to remind a client to ensure that this payment reaches us in time WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-LET ANY PROPERTY WHERE FINAL PAYMENT HAS NOT REACHED US 6 WEEKS BEFORE HOLIDAY COMMENCEMENT DATE. Cancellations received prior to final holiday payment will involve the loss of your deposit. Cancellations following our receipt of a client’s final payment will not entitle the client to any refund except the £200 damage deposit which will be immediately returned. If we are able to re-let the gîte we shall return any monies we can from a late booking. For your own security and peace of mind we recommend you contact a reputable insurer and obtain holiday insurance which covers health and travel as well as a provision for holiday cancellation.
- If, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel a booking we will naturally attempt to find equivalent accommodation in the Saumur area that is acceptable to the client. In the unfortunate event we cannot provide acceptable alternative accommodation we will return all payments and deposits made by the client. In such circumstances neither the Volets Rouges, its managers nor owners will be liable for any further compensation.
- Please inform us of any breakages or damage so that we can have time to make replacements or repairs ready for the next clients. Les Volets Rouges reserves the right to deduct the cost of any damage from the of £200 damage deposit. This is generally refunded in full during the 2 weeks following the end of your stay at the Volets Rouges. In the event of breakages or if the gîte is left in a state that does not meet our high standards of cleanliness then the requisite deductions will be levied from the damage deposit before it is returned to you. In the event we have to employ a cleaner we will levy a charge of £50.
- While visitors who do not form part of the booked group are very welcome, their visits must be arranged with and approved by the management of Les Volets Rouges. While there is no charge for day visitors, they may not always have full use of all facilities. Visitors are only permitted to be at the Volets Rouges between 1000 & 2200hrs.
- Only the members of the party named on the booking form are permitted to stay in the Volets Rouges. In the event a visitor requires an overnight stay then this can only be possible if it has been prearranged with the agreement of the owners or management of Les Volets Rouges. An overnight fee of £20 will be charged per visitor per night and bed-linen and towels will be provided.
- In normal circumstances staff at the Volets Rouges would not contemplate entering an occupied gîte. However, staff do reserve the right to enter in order either to make urgent repairs (for example to sort out problems that might arise regarding plumbing, electrics, gas appliances etc.), or in the event that the gîte or its contents are being misused.
- In the event that a client wishes to make any sort of complaint then it must be made during the course of a client’s stay. Our first aim at the Volets Rouges is to have happy clients. Clients should therefore make any complaints as soon as possible so that problems can be resolved as quickly and amicably as possible.
- All the facilities – the recreational area, football pitch, table tennis and particularly the pool are subject to availability. We are unable to promise that all facilities will be available all the time. For example, while we re-commission the pool as soon in the year as possible, the precise date for this is determined by the weather as is the date when the pool is closed ready for winter. We make every attempt to keep the pool open for as long as possible.
- The Volets Rouges, the owners and the management accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to clients’ personal possessions or vehicles. The Volets Rouges, the owners and the management also accept no responsibility for any problems arising from travel arrangements, for example: cancellations or delays to ferries, aircraft trains buses etc. Clients are responsible for all such issues under the terms of their travel insurance which it is the client’s responsibility to arrange independently.
- It is agreed that gîte will be made available to clients at 1600 hours on the day of arrival. This allows time for staff to make exhaustive checks to ensure all gîtes meet the high standards of cleanliness we maintain at Les Volets Rouges. For the same reason it is also agreed that clients will have vacated gîtes by 1000 hrs on the date of departure. Late departures can incur a £50 cleaning fee. If these times should be a matter of any inconvenience then luggage can normally be left in the owner’s accommodation on arrival day or on the day of departure.
The cost of your holiday is agreed at the time of booking based on the advertised price on our web-site. It includes all gas, electricity, bed-linen and towels (including swimming towels).
- There is no smoking permitted inside the gîtes or within any of the buildings which comprise Les Volets Rouges. Clients smoking outside are asked to clear up their cigarette butts.
- The party leader is responsible for all members of his party using the swimming pool. The owners or staff of the Volets Rouges accept no responsibility for children under the age of 16 who use the pool. The supervision of minors is the responsibility of their party leader or another adult from the party to whom he delegates their supervision. It is agreed there is NO DIVING in the swimming pool at Les Volets Rouges because this pool is much too shallow for diving. It is agreed the staff can refuse the use of the swimming pool to anyone that does not adhere to the published rules governing the use of the pool.
- At no extra cost, but only by prior agreement, clients can sometimes bring a dog with them.. It is agreed, however, that if a dog displays behavioural traits that are inappropriate - in particular if it is felt the dog is threatening or causes mess or damage - then we reserve the right to require the client to remove the dog immediately from Les Volets Rouges at no cost to ourselves. For reasons of hygiene, dogs are excluded from children’s play areas and from the courtyard containing the pool. They must be tethered or on a leash while within the grounds of Les Volets Rouges. Clients are expected to clear up after their dogs. Any mess or damage caused by dogs will be recompensed from the client’s damage deposit.